Have you ever watched videos on TikTok? Guilty! Social media can be addictive, especially when you find someone who shares information that's meaningful to you. You can be that thought leader for your leads and other homebuyers who are looking for answers to common questions about buying a home.
When nurturing real estate leads into clients, focus on being intentional about the information you deliver to them, and you'll see better ROI. To engage your real estate leads, answer questions leads commonly ask as they begin looking for their first home. When you can provide simple answers in layperson's terms, your leads will trust you and consider you the real estate expert in the area. Let's look at a few first-time homebuyer questions you can answer for your real estate leads to convert them into clients.
Give your real estate leads answers to the most commonly asked questions, and you'll find it much easier to nurture them into clients.
"I've started looking for a home to buy and have talked to a couple of real estate agents. Do I have to use either of them? I met another agent at an open house, and she was more helpful than the 2 of them combined."
- Have they signed an agent exclusivity agreement? Do they know what it is? Why is it important?
- Share tips on critical characteristics to look for in an agent (you!)
"I don't have a very good credit score. Can I still buy a house?"
- What loans could they qualify for that do not require a high credit score?
- Suggest a program to help them improve their credit score
- Share how Fannie Mae helps renters qualify for a mortgage
- Share credit-improving classes offered in your area
"What if I haven't saved much money for a down payment?"
- Share options for buying a house with less than a 20% down payment
- Share programs that cover part or all of their down payment and possibly closing costs
"How do I choose a mortgage lender?"
- Explain how different mortgage lenders may offer different interest rates and fees which could save you money
- Encourage the buyer to get lender referrals from friends, family, and you, their agent
- Encourage them to Interview at least 3 lenders and explain why
- Explain the importance of choosing a mortgage lender before finding a house to buy
"Is it too late to back out of buying a house after I've signed a contract?"
- Explain how they might lose all or part of their earnest money
- Explain if contingencies and stipulations in their contract aren't met, they may have an option to back out of the contract. (5-part series on contingencies they're likely to see in a contract)
- Share an infographic outlining major issues commonly found by home inspectors and how they can lead to contract termination
- Explain that when the house appraises for less than the sale price, they may be able to get out of the contract
Answering these commonly asked questions will help nurture your real estate leads for months or longer. Considering the following options for sharing your content:
- Send out invitations a couple of days before going live and answer questions on various platforms (DM's, social media announcements, text messages, etc.)
- Answer a question in a short video, then share via email, text, and on social media
- Write a blog article and announce it on social media with a short video
- Make a 3-part TikTok video series
- Post the Tiktok videos on YouTube Shorts
- Share an infographic
You never know which form of communication will hit home with your real estate leads, so try as many options as possible. Use analytics to determine which topics are most popular and do more videos on that topic and related topics. If one of your posts receives a ton of engagement, focus on using the same style more often in the future (ex. going live, interviewing an expert, video, infographic, etc.). The more commonly asked questions you can answer for your audience, the more likely you are to convert your real estate leads into clients.